At the conclusion of each course a student can.......
- master simple walking patterns in open-embrace
- master change-of-weight step
- master pivot step
- lead/follow the natural lead of 'cross' step
- lead/follow guided lead of 'cross' step
- lead/follow both front and back 'ochos' (figure eight steps)
- be comfortable with 'tango connection'
- experiment with the closed 'tango embrace'
INTERMEDIATE 'A' COURSE
- master natural lead of 'cross' step
- master guided lead of 'cross' step
- master walking in closed embrace
- learn the tight 'ocho-cortado'
- learn the rounded 'ocho-cortado'
- change direction of the 'ocho' step
- dance only in the closed 'tango embrace'
INTERMEDIATE 'B' COURSE
- master the closed 'tango embrace'
- dance consistently with a natural dynamic in the music (alternating rhythmically between fast, normal and slow steps to the music)
- dance consistently with a natural dynamic of 'change of weight' in the dance
- lead/follow simple 'giro' steps (moulliettes)
- perform 'sanwichito step'
- perform simple 'adornos' (embellishments) for both leader and follower
INTERMEDIATE 'C' COURSE
- master the rounded 'ocho-cortado'
- master the tight 'ocho-cortado'
- master the change of direction in the 'ocho' step
- maintain consistent 'tango connection' in the closed 'tango embrace'
- lead/follow 'giros' consistently
- lead/ follow intermediate-level 'adornos' (embellishments)
- lead/ follow 'ganchos'
- experiment with 'enrosques'
- experiment with a 'dynamic embrace' (alternating between closed & open)
- follow/lead 'enrosques'
- work with 'barridas'
- work comfortably with a 'dynamic embrace'
- work with 'volcadas'
- work with 'colgadas'
- break set-step patterns (learnt in class) during the dance
- other various patterns & steps offered by the instructor